- What is Singapore Geospatial Challenge about?
The Singapore Geospatial Challenge [SGC] is an initiative of the Singapore Land Authority to encourage the use of Geographic Information Systems technology in schools. Supported by the Ministry of Education and United Nations Initiative on Global Geospatial Information Management (*UNGGIM), the challenge is organized for Junior Colleges and Secondary School students to help create a spatially enabled Singapore.
- Where can I sign up for this competition?
You can sign up for the Challenge by filling up the registration form, which can be downloaded here. After which, you can email the form to Brian_Liu@SLA.gov.sg.
- When is the closing date for registration?
8th Week of July 2013.
- How do I know if I am eligible to participate?
As long as you are a student from a) Junior Colleges, Millennia Institute, Integrated Programme schools and NUS High School of Mathematics and Science or b) Upper Secondary School level, you are eligible to sign up for the challenge.
- Can I form a team with only one person?
No, you cannot form a team that comprises of only 1 person. The minimum number of members per team is 3 and the maximum is 5.
- Can I form a team with students from different school?
No. Students have to form a team with all team members from the same school. Students can be of different levels of study, eg: Year 1 and Year 2 students.
- Can I be in more than a team?
No, you cannot but we appreciate your enthusiasm! :)
- Do I need to know geospatial knowledge before I can join the competition?
No, you do not need any geospatial knowledge to join the competition. Basic geospatial concepts and mapping concepts can be learn through our E-Learning section.
- Do I need to pay any registration fees to join the Singapore Geospatial Challenge.
No, registration for the challenge is entirely free of charge.
- Are there any rules any regulations for the Singapore Geospatial Challenge?
Yes, please refer to the rules and regulations page.