- What is Singapore Geospatial Challenge about?
The Singapore Geospatial Challenge SGC is an initiative of the Singapore Land Authority to encourage the use of Geographic Information Systems technology in schools. Supported by the Ministry of Education and United Nations Initiative on Global Geospatial Information Management (*UNGGIM), the challenge is organised to help create a spatially enabled Singapore.
- Where can I sign up for this competition?
You can sign up for the Challenge by filling up the registration form, which can be downloaded here. Any questions can be mailto:email@example.com.
- When is the closing date for registration?
31st May 2015.
- Am I eligible to participate?
As long as you are a student from a) Junior Colleges, Millennia Institute, Integrated Programme schools and NUS High School of Mathematics and Science or b) Upper Secondary School level, you are eligible to sign up for the challenge.
- Can I form a team with only 1 person?
No, you cannot form a team that comprises of only 1 person. The minimum number of members per team is 2 and maximum is 4.
- Can I form a team with students from different school?
No, students have to form a team whereby all team members from the same school. Students can be of different levels of study from the same school e.g: Year 1 and Year 2 students.
- Can I register my name in more than 1 team?
No, you cannot but we appreciate your "cloned" enthusiasm! :)
- Do I need to know geospatial knowledge before I can join the competition?
No, you do not need any geospatial knowledge to join the competition. Basic geospatial concepts and mapping concepts can be learn through our E-Learning section.
- Are there any rules any regulations for the Challenge?
Yes, please refer to the rules and regulations page.
All GeoAwards will be announced on the day of the GeoAward Ceremony.